Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Beginning tomorrow (today): Progressive Winnipeg feature on Lake Winnipeg

Starting (Thursday, March 10th), I will be posting a daily feature on Lake Winnipeg, for a whole week, leading up to (April 3rd).

On the 17th, a Nature of Things documentary called "Save my Lake" will air on CBC. The one-hour documentary will describe the problems Lake Winnipeg faces, laying out the grim, hard truths.

So in the lead-up to (April 3rd), I thought I would take the time to lay out key issues myself on this very website. With my own background in this field, I will try to communicate the sciences behind Phosphorous, pollution, nutrient loading, extent of the watershed, and the role Manitoba Hydro plays, to you, the reader, as best I can.

My goal is to further educate people on this incredibly paramount problem, and to try and get as many people as I can to watch the film on CBC.

In addition to this undertaking, I will also be producing at least two interview-podcasts (a Progressive Winnipeg first!), both with the producer of the film, Paul Kemp, as well as renowned and leading Lake Winnipeg scientist, Dr Gordon Goldsborough.

And in addition to all of that, I will also create a handy "Save my Lake" tab at the top with all the links to my posts and to pertinent information.

Thanks for reading (citizen journalism, booya!) and stay tuned!

No comments: